Monday, February 10, 2014

Meatless Monday: One Pot Meal



This is a meal I have made a couple of times. It started when I saw those one pot meals on Pintrest. I read the directions and I was like I can make this. I walking into my kitchen and I didn’t have all the ingredients needed so I just used what I had.
white onion was already in the pan cooking.

Now I have fine tuned it to how my family likes it. This is a hearty and warm dish; I really like to make it on chillier days here at home.

Let’s get cooking

First a use the biggest sauté pan I have add a little oil or cooking spray whatever you like to use. I use about ¼ of a white onion and start to brown it.

Once that is going I get 4 and a half cups of cold water. Once the onions are nice and translucent I add 4 cups of water over medium heat. Then add 1 and ½ cups of tomato sauce. Stir and add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste and let that sit until the tomato paste is starting to dissolve. Now you can add 2 tablespoons of bouillon (I used chicken flavor but you can use what you have or veggie flavor).  At that point go a head and add your pasta and make sure that it is fully by the liquids.


 I now start getting the tofu drained and cut it up into little cubes. I use extra firm tofu but have used silken before. We prefer the extra firm for this meal. Now the soup will have started to thicken and I use the last ½ cup of water.

 Stir it good at this point. I used about 4 cups of spinach leaves for this because we really love it with it. It gives this meal such a great color and flavor. You can adjust it to what you like. I quickly run my knife thru the leaves and toss them in with the rest of it give it a few more good stirs cover it  an let it cook for a good 20 minutes.

 I serve it up with some Parmesan bread and start eating.


 Hope you enjoy another meal less meal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment