Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sexy Mama



What comes to mind when you hear sexy mama. To me, I think a hot mom. I am totally fine with those words. But lately I have been going through something as a women and a mom. I am having trouble with the way I dress. Now my clothes are fitting very nicely because of my lifestyle and all. But that’s not the reason for this weirdness. I am having the hardest time with feeling comfortable in “sexy” clothing. And I am not talking about like super reveling outfits or anything crazy. Just like low cut dresses and shorter shorts nothing super outrageous.
I did get in trouble at church for not wearing sleeves. Oops!
 Since having my son I just don’t think it’s appropriate for me. Now before baby I would wear a low cut shirt, backless, short dress like nobodies business. But right now I don’t think I can. I don’t feel like a mom when I wear that. Davis and I have always had a clear understanding when it comes to this. What I wear is my choice. No one else has the right to tell me what I can wear.  He met me wearing the clothing that I like and that’s one thing that attracted him to me so why would that change. I know you adapt and change your style over the years but hey I am still a young woman. Now I don’t judge other mom’s who dress sexy and reveling. I actually like what other women wear so it’s not like I see a mom wearing a mini skirt and think badly or anything like that.  Is it just me? 
This is before Charles. It's a shorted dress with lace so to me it was riskay..

Spaghetti straps and super low cut cleavage no biggie before baby.
I recently I bought a couple of little black dresses and I still can’t bring myself to wear them because they are to low-cut. (not my actual dresses but pretty close. Dress 1 and Dress 2) Davis loves the way they look but I think they show too much chest. As a rule for dressing I have always been on the conservative side. If I show leg my chest is covered, if I wear a tank top I wear a cardigan or jeans. So I only show skin in one of the major areas. It’s what works best for me.
Short shorts no cleavage out.

Now here I am a rule breaker, chest arms and legs. Sexy Mama.
 But now I want to wear a tank under my dress and throw a sweater or cardigan over the whole outfit. So am I alone in this? To my mama’s out there is there anything that you won’t wear because you’re a mom?
Now I'm a mom so I wear this! Lol

 I would love to hear back from some of you who have gone through a similar experience. I hope you are all having an amazing week only 2 more days till the start of the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment