Saturday, November 23, 2013

Cooking one meal for all

What? Can this truly be done? But I am eating healthy and my family won't eat that. Does that sound familiar? I  as well as many others are  so guilty of this. I am on a diet so I have to cook different for me then what I do for my family. Although that may not always be possible because of health issues or allergies. I get that. In our case this is a non issue for the most part except we don't eat pork. I am allergic so we don't have it. Davis does eat it when his mom makes it but I will not cook it at home. Other then these reasons why is it that when we are on a "diet" we always think that we have to cook 2 seperate meals for your family and then for you?  Davis and I started working out together in September of this year. Before that I was cooking separate meals why? Well it's just what you do when one go on a diet right. Wrong. Or even cooking different things for your family just because your eating healthy and they are not. Yeah make total sense to do double the work. Huh? No makes no sense at all. Some kids are picky or allergies come in and play role but if there is no reason why you all can't eat the same meal simplify your lifestyle and your cooking it will be just that much easier for you to stick to a lifestyle and not a diet.
This is Davis and I when we were dating aww we were babies.  
On our trip to California in 2010
Before our Church Wedding in 2011
6 Months post baby. Yup not pregnant here. This was such a low point for me. But I am happy to have moved past this.
Now since Davis is as committed as I am to our new lifestyle it is so easy to cook. We have our set meal plan, We eat the same food. Cooking is a breeze and packing his lunch takes minutes not an hour at the end of my long and crazy day. I just take my cooked brown rice, pick a protein and some fruit and nuts get his Shakeology ready and I'm done. In the morning he grabs it and goes. It really takes the guess work out of it. He has lost a little over 20lbs in 2 months! I am so proud of his hard work and change in his eating habits. He was a huge fan of soda and gave it up cold turkey. What a champ.So go ahead and try this make a meal that is clean and healthy and cook it for everyone in your family. Guess what if you make it there is a good chance they are going to eat it  just because it's cooked and they are hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment