Monday, January 20, 2014

Meatless Monday Recipes

So excited to share one of my all time favorite meals calabasitas. I got it from my momma!
Mom your welcome for this picture of us drinking it up on NYE 2013!

 My mom made this dish all the time as we were growing up and I am a huge fan. This meal is super tasty and how I got Davis to start eating more veggies. It doesn't have any meat it's mostly all veggies and 2 tablespoons of Chicken bouillon which could easily be replaced by veggie bouillon. I use 4 zucchini, 1/2 of a small white or red onion, 1 roma tomato, 1/2 a jalapeno and 1/2 bag of frozen organic corn. The corn could be canned or even fresh but all I had was frozen so that's what we used.

First you want to cut up the zucchini, onion,tomato and jalapeno. Get a medium sized pan and add a tiny bit of butter or cooking spray maybe half a tablespoon over medium heat. Toss in the zucchini, onions, tomatoes, and corn. I always add the jalapenos once everything else is cooked because I don't want Charles eating any quite yet. I add 4 ounces of water and 2 tablespoons of the chicken bouillon to it and let it cook for roughly 20 minutes . When the zucchini is soft and a little translucent I take a little out for the baby and toss in the jalapenos leave it for 3 minutes and it's ready to eat. We usually top it off with some queso fresco or mozzarella you can eat it alone or with some tortillas. This can be used as a side dish or the main dish and served with veggie beans and some brown rice or quinoa.


I hope you enjoy my 1st Meatless Monday Recipe and here is to many more.

 P.S. Monday's are my favorite days of the week. We get to start a whole new week! What is your favorite day of the week and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment