Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Getting Started

Getting started for everyone is different for some people they can just jump in. For me I had  to ease into it. First I did my research once i found my now coach Kati  via pintrest I started reading everything on her blog about what to eat and what to avoid. She has this awesome and super simple rule of thumb. The 6 and 6 rule. If it has more then 6 grams of fat and or sugar avoid it. This was so easy just start reading those labels. Then once I started doing that for a few weeks I began loosing a few lbs. At that point I new I had to do something with my self I was 25 years old with a 8 month old and still looking pregnant. Not cool at all.

I am not pregnant in this picture. This one is hard for me to look at but it's not were I am now.
I started grocery shopping totally different. Prior to this lifestyle change I was making pasta 3-4 times a week. Mind you I breastfeed my son exclusively for the 1st year. All I heard when I was pregnant is that you'll lose the baby weight by breastfeeding. Not the case at all of me. I actually did everything I could to produce more milk I drank Earth Mama Angel Baby Organic Tea and that helped with my milk production for a while. But then Charles wanted to start eating more and more and I just couldn't produce more. It was a combination of improper nutrition and stress. I went to the my amazing OB and he gave me a prescription for reglan. It made all the difference in our breastfeeding story. I would not have been able to produce the amount of milk the my son needed if it were not for this. I know that it is not for everyone but it worked for us. With taking the reglan I had to increase my caloric intake which of course caused more weight gain. Fast forward to us changing our eating habits and just the way we looked at food had made all the biggest change. We started trying new foods and stopped by crap. Because in the end lets call in what it is. We stopped keeping junk in the house. So when we got the urge to binge eat we couldn't all we had was clean foods so that really helped. After a few weeks of eating clean I started researching shakeology for us with us trying to get debt free we weren't just going to go out and buy it because of the cost It was something we needed to save for in order to get. Well we finally got it. It was worth it. It's really tasty and makes me feel great. One day I didn't drink it when I normally do and I felt it. I was craving crap and just felt useless. So I won't make that mistake again. This is what we were eating when we first started.
After a T25 Workout 

My baby and me over the weekend

Protiens
Eggs
Egg Whites

Chicken Breast
Talapia
Salmon
Ground Turkey
Tuna
Gardein mandarin chicken

Grains
Corn Tortillas
Whole grain flat bread
Whole grain pitas
Kashi Warm Cinnimon cereal
Brown rice


Veggies
Lettuce Iceberg or Romain
Sweet Potatoes
Red Potatoes 
Spinach lots and lots of spinach
Zucchini
Onions
Bell Pepers
Spaghetti Squash
Mushrooms
Cucumbers
Celery
Avocados

Fruits
Grapefruit
Green apples
Oranges
blueberries
Raspberries
Tomatoes
Strawberries and Bananas in smoothies and occasionally only they have a lot of sugar.

Oils
Extra virgin Olive oil
Smart Balance Cooking Spray
Pomace Oil Blend

Dariy
Low fat yogurt
Almond Milk
Non Fat Milk
Low fat String Cheese

Other
PB2 All natural peanut butter
Justin's Almond butter
Sriracha Sauce
Salsa
Unsalted Nuts Like Almonds and Cashews

Hope this gives you a jump start on a happier healthier you!

No comments:

Post a Comment