Sunday, December 1, 2013

Green Chile Enchiladas

I love green chile enchiladas the are so easy to make and super simple to put together. I made them as a dish for Charles 1st Birthday party. They were a huge hit but those were made with shrimp. For a easier way to incorporate it to your menu I used chicken.
Preheat oven to 350° Once your chicken breast are cooked, cooled, and shredded.
I take about 6 of the tortillas and wrap them in paper towels and put them in the microwave I find that this prevents them from breaking. While they are warming up I layer a coat of the sauce on your baking dish. Once the tortillas are out I start my assembly line. Add your chicken to the tortilla and the tuck in the sides. Place it seam down in to your dish. Repeat over and over until your done. Once you have your whole dish full with one row you top it more enchilada sauce.
 Here you can choose to added a second layer of enchiladas for more of a casserole or just get another dish and do single layers. Top it off with your cheese, cover with foil. Then place in the oven for 15-20 minutes and your ready to eat.
 We pair our enchiladas with brown rice salsa and a couple of slices of avocado. & Being me I added some sauce to my rice. Cause I am awesome like that.

Do you use store bought or make your own enchilada sauce? I tried so many recipes and can sauces and I finally found my favorite will you share yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment